Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Writing Under the Influence


This is what my head feels like (No, the one on the left).

This started out as a mindless rant about being sick and the affects it has on me when I try to be creative. But then you can guess what happened.

I got sick.

First let me say that when I'm sick I'm unable to really think straight for any length of time. Two coherent sentences strung together means I'm on the mend. Usually when I'm sick I struggle with verb/noun agreement and wondering just what the heck that little dot at the end of sentences is for.

I've heard some writers, published ones in fact, say they wrote some of their best stuff while in sick bed. Whoopee.

Look at the picture above again. That's my brain on influenza. Any questions?

No comments:

Post a Comment